Our junior members of the club can participate in two summer-long activities – PGA Junior League & HWCC Junior Golf School
PGA Junior Golf League is designed to bring a “Little League” atmosphere to the game of golf. With teams of boys and girls ages 13 and under, PGA Junior League provides a structured league environment for young golfers to compete and have fun. This is a great way to get and keep kids involved in the game of golf.
PGA Junior League
PGA Junior League participants receive:
- Team jerseys, golf balls and PGA Junior League bag tags
- Five regular season competitions plus coaching /practice
- Opportunity for advancement to post-season all All-Star teams
- Access to customized website home page for our PGA Junior League team featuring schedules, standings and stats
- Fun team scramble format for players of every skill level
- All participants get to play in every competition
- Advanced skills not required, must have access to a set of golf clubs
- If your child can drive, chip or putt...we have a role for them on our Junior League team
The club's Junior Golf School is set over the course of seven weeks and typically encompasses three days of golf per week. We feel this amount of time allows our students the time needed to make improvements to their golf games in a fun and relaxed atmosphere. Each junior will be evaluated by a club golf professional in the following areas (full swing, chipping, pitching, bunker, putting and rules & etiquette) and graded on a 1 - 10 point scale. This will determine their starting hat color. Upon completion of the evaluation, each junior will receive the proper color hat and a copy of his/her evaluation so he/she can focus on the necessary skills to graduate to the next hat color.
Junior can move to the next color hat by accumulating points through a variety of ways - 1 hour of practice either on his/her own time, with a parent or at an organized activity - participate in weekly skills challenges – completing 9 holes with his/her parent and returning a completed scorecard to the Golf Shop.
For more information, please contact the Golf Staff at (847) 847-3259 or email Head Golf Professional, Greg Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org